2020- 2022 Policy Process | Green Party of Canada
Where GPC membership collaborates to develop our policies
G21-D007 Ensure Internal Policies Adhere to Financial Transparency Best Practices
Ratification Vote Results: Adopted
This motion directs Federal Council to codify standards and policies for financial operations that are transparent to GPC members, including but not limited to:
- Establishing a published, transparent, multi-vendor procurement process for major purchases of goods or services above a specific threshold;
- Publishing Executive Director, Leader and Councillor compensation, reimbursement and contracts; and,
- Publishing the terms of all binding NDAs (subject to individual review and approval from the Federal Council Human Resources Committee).
The GPC lacks official policies on financial transparency in HR and procurement. This motion calls for best practices used by the private, non-profit and public sectors to ensure high standards of executive and employee behaviour and efficient financial management.
- Save money through public procurement, moving away from today’s “no bid” private purchases
- Build trust with members, staff and donors
- Ensure staff are treated equitably and with respect
- Mitigate gender, age and racial gaps in compensation
- Prevent silencing ex-employees with NDAs
Supporting Comments from Submitter
The need for this motion arose after the discovery of ex-employees being bound to NDAs that require them to not reveal the existence of the NDA.
Charities and Nonprofits:
Why pay transparency matters for nonprofits and workers.
Speaking Up: Increasing transparency in hiring in the nonprofit sector.
Pay transparency: what it means for job seekers and employers.
NDAs Are Out of Control. Here’s What Needs to Change, Harvard Business Review. https://hbr.org/2018/01/ndas-are-out-of-control-heres-what-needs-to-change
Top 7 Procurement Best Practices You Should Be Following.
Sustainability, Social Justice, Respect for Diversity, Non-Violence.
List of Endorsements
Report inappropriate content
Is this content inappropriate?