Collaborative Proposal Creation
Create, improve and sponsor proposals in a respectful, fully bilingual environment. Grow proposals in the "Hothouse", for promotion to the "Workshop", to become official GPC policy.
Sustainable Water Monitoring Act
- Proposal text
- Funding for Saskatchewan’s Global Water Futures Observatories will be made a permanent part of the Federal budget. Funding will be allocated on a permanent basis for a chosen or newly created Federal Institute to interface with the University’s data collection techniques to produce accessible information and reports. The mandate of both organizations will be expanded to monitor all available fresh water sources in Canada, as well as producing accessible reports and policy recommendations for public and private agencies.
- Type of Proposal
- Public policy that the party would represent
- Objective / Benefit
- Water insecurity is an increasingly prevalent threat to national security in the age of climate change. Water is life; it is the foundation of every nation. To ensure access to this precious resource, it is essential to understand the status of the freshwater in Canada on a stable, ongoing basis. In order to ensure this data is available to Canadians for the foreseeable future, the Federal government should permanently fund Saskatchewan’s Global Water Futures Observatories initiative to continually monitor the available water in Canada. This includes ground water, snow packs, lakes, rivers, rainfall, etc. They will coordinate with a chosen/created Federal Institute, and their mandate will be expanded to monitor water usage and rainfall.
- If your proposal replaces an existing policy or policies, which one does it replace?
- List any supporting evidence for your proposal
- Climate change, global drought, work of Saskatchewan’s Global Water Futures Observatories
- Does this proposal affect any particular group and what efforts have been made to consult with the group or groups?
- Jurisdiction: Is this proposal under federal jurisdiction?
- Please indicate the language the proposal is being submitted in.
Report inappropriate content
Is this content inappropriate?